Rules & RegulationsAt Barky's Bungalow, we want to provide a fun, loving, safe and healthy environment for your pet. We know that by working with responsible dog owners, we can achieve this and provide a very happy place for your dog while you are away.
In order to ensure the safety and health of your pet(s), and other pets and humans, we do request that all owners comply with the following requirements:
- Must be at least 8 months old
- Must be potty trained, no exceptions. Thank you.
- Must be spayed or neutered
- Current registration and tags
- Must be non-pet aggressive
- Must be non-people aggressive
- Must be non-food or toy protective
- Must have been socialized with other dogs and children
- Owners will need to certify that their dog(s) have not previously harmed or shown aggression or threatening behavior towards any other person or dog.
- All dogs must have up-to-date vaccinations and submit written proof.
- Vaccines must be administered no less than 10 days prior to boarding/daycare services.
- DHLPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus)
- Bordetella (Kennel Cough) Required every 6 months. Important note,
many veterinarians administer this vaccine by request only.
(This vaccination is very similar to the human flu vaccine whereas how some people have a reaction and develop flu-like symptoms, some dogs develop canine cough-type symptoms. If these symptoms develop, they usually do so within 7 -10 days.
- All dogs must be in good health and owners must certify that their pet is in good health and have not had any contagious illnesses within the last 30 days.
- No ticks or fleas. Ticks are very active during the Spring and Summer months, so dogs MUST be on a regular flea and tick program like Frontline or K9 Advantix.
- Dogs in the "bully breed" classification (American Pit Bull Terriers, American Bull Dogs, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, Miniature Bull Terriers, Dobermans, Rottweilers, and/or mixed breeds that have the characteristics/appearance of one of these breeds are not permitted.
- Any wolf/wolf hybrid
- Dogs that have a history of anti-social behavior with people or other dogs.
- Pregnant dogs
- Please visit our Forms page to download the required paperwork. All forms must be completed prior to your dog's stay with Barky's Bungalow.